Shrimp, deveined, peeled and halved vertically, 1 lb
Red onion, small dice, 1 each
Japanese or European cucumber, small dice, 1 each
Tomato, small dice, 1 each
Salt to taste
Rehydrated seaweed, 1 cup
Soy sauce, to taste
Ishiri squid sauce, to taste
Sesame oil, 2 tsp
Yuzu juice, 1 cup
Lemon, juiced, ½ each
Red or green yuzu kosho, 1 tbsp
1. “Cook” the shrimp in yuzu and lemon juice.
2. Salt the red onion and cucumber to release the water and drain properly.
3. Combine the shrimp with onion, cucumber, tomato and seaweed. Salt to taste.
4. Add the soy sauce, squid sauce, sesame oil, and red or green yuzu kosho (add more or less depending on how spicy you want it to be). Season to taste with soy sauce or salt.
5. Marinate for at least one hour and add more lemon juice before serving. Add more yuzu juice if desired as well.